Did you know that being disorganised can actually cost you money?
Studies have found that reducing clutter and being more organised around the house can result in a 40 % reduction in housework. Who wouldn't love that?
This applies to the office too. The average office employee spends over an hour each day looking for things. That's five hours a week wasted!
Time Genie helps busy people to delegate tasks that they don't need or want to do themselves. We want to share these six best practices used by well-organised people.
1. Have a dedicated morning ritual. Do not check your phone as soon as you get up! It is too easy to get caught up answering emails and text messages which will disrupt the morning ritual process. Complete tasks in the same order, such as breakfast, exercise, etc. and identify three things that would make you feel like the day was a success if completed. Once you know what the three things are, schedule them into your day so you can make them happen.
2. Write things down. In the busyness of our lives, how can anyone possibly remember everything without writing a ‘to do ‘list? Imagine how good it will feel to check things off throughout the day.
3. Purge and declutter regularly. By doing this you avoid a marathon clearing out session which automatically fills most people with a feeling of dread.
4. Get help. Whether it's from a person or making use of tools. There are so many time tracking apps available. Research the options and find the one that will help you remain on track. Outsource tasks that you find hard or boring to do.
5. Forget perfectionism. Most organised people are not perfectionists. They prioritise tasks and focus on getting them done as quickly as possible.
6. Make these things part of your lifestyle. Smart people realise that spending a few minutes now will result in a more organised and stress-free day. But they also know they need to maintain these best practices for continued success.
If you need help getting organised and want some support, contact Time Genie: